GOODWOOD, JEPARA - INDONESIA
For over 20 years Goodwood Interiors has stood for well-constructed, quality, hardwood furniture with a timeless design. We have captured the craftsmanship and long-lasting experience of the well-known wooden furniture capital of the world: Jepara. Our catalog grows each year, but we can also operate as the manufacturer of your models and designs. Whether it is for a new retail line or a custom furnishing project, we work as your partner from the research and development phase all the way to the realization and delivery of promising furniture.
Goodwood Interiors was founded by Joost van der Post in 1995 and his signature remains indelibly attached to the company that he created as a permanent guarantee of quality and integrity. He unfortunately passed away in 2015 but he left behind a company of cabinet-makers for fine wooden furniture that remains a benchmark in the industry.
Joost van der Post is still remembered in his native country of the Netherlands as an avid yachtsman, as a competitive sailor and as the author of several books on the history of wooden boat-building. In his adoptive Indonesia he will long be remembered as one of the beacons in the furniture industry. Joost was a remarkable man and never stopped providing the leadership necessary to make sure that his crew would perform to the highest standard. When interviewed by a Dutch magazine in 2010 he explained as follows:
"As a shipwright I had worked with Teak wood for many years myself so I immediately recognized the exceptional skills of the carpenters in Jepara. I made it my goal to fuse western management with eastern craftsmanship. That is what Goodwood Interiors is all about.”
His wife and partner for 25 years, Jamy van der Post - Tafinine is now firmly at the helm and her team has been significantly strengthened by local and international personnel, who ensure that Goodwood Interiors remains perfectly attuned to the demands of the market place. The loyal workforce make it possible for Goodwood Interiors to deliver year after year by forming the solid and skilled base of this company.
Located in the world’s heart of wooden furniture, Jepara, Goodwood Interiors employs 100 professionally trained workers. Eighty percent of the factory is used for the production of quality solid wooden furniture, whereas the other twenty percent is allocated to our in-house production of 3D wood-cladding panels. With our medium sized factory we export on average 60 containers on an annual basis.
We have local and western quality controllers that ensure every single item is in line with our high quality standards. For 2016 and 2017 we managed to have a complaint rate below 1%. All our wood is kiln dried and we carefully select only the best teak wood. Our production processes are efficiently standardised and controlled, ensuring that all costs are well controlled all orders are shipped on time.
Our international management team (Indonesian, French & Dutch) makes sure that all the orders run smoothly. Our objective is to have long term relationships with our customers.
Feel free to make an appointment or walk-in any time to see our production process and showroom.
- We commit to deliver 100% customer satisfaction. Goodwood Interiors warrants its solid wood products to be free of structural defects for a period of six (6) months from the original date the container arrives at the port of destination.
- The buyer is entitled to a replacement free of charge for a major failure or for a financial discount for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage on a future order on the particular product in subject. Replacement or financial discounts will be subjective to Goodwood Interiors’ judgement of the claim.
- Our prices are based on full 40 feet (HC) container loads. Additional charges of 250 USD will be applied for 20 feet container orders or consolidations.
- All prices are FOB Semarang (Central Java, Indonesia) including standard fumigation. Additional charges may apply.
- Production time is 70-90 days after receiving the down-payment.
- Production process starts after receiving the 30% down-payment.
- Prices do not include bank charges.
- Balance payment against Documents.